The celebration of Easter is very important for Christians, who remember and celebrate the resurrection of Christ. If you are looking some typical Easter decorations to celebrate this occasion, we offer some ideas for decorating Easter candles.
Candles Easter egg shaped: These Easter candles are fun and easy to make.
- Candle wax
- Candle wicks
- Washers metal wicks
- Coloring candles
- Hot glue gun
- Egg carton or egg holders
Step by step:
- With the help of a knife, you will make a hole in one end of the egg and remove the top shell.
- Remove the yolk and the egg white and then wash the inside with soap and water to make it clean. Then place the eggs or in a cardboard egg carton.
- Put warm candle wax in a double boiler vessel. Remember to make your decorative candles can buy ink or dye for candles, so you can give them the color you like best. Our recommendation is to use candles in pastel colors, preferably in shades of blue, green and yellow. You should pour the dye into the hot wax and mix.
- Spend the wick by a metal ring and place it inside the egg, securing the bottom of the shell with hot glue.
- Carefully pour hot candle wax inside the egg, slowly, and let the wax cool a couple of hours. You can put them in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- When the wax has cooled, break and remove the egg shell carefully. And presto, you have your candles shaped Easter egg!
Variant egg shaped candles
Of course you can also convert the egg shell of your candles to decorate at Easter. If you like the idea, the procedure is almost the same, but you have the possibility to decorate egg shells in different ways.
For example, you can use food coloring to color the eggshells. To do this, once you’ve cleaned the shells, you should dip into the containers with the dye, leaving them to soak for half an hour.
After the eggshells are dry, and secured the locks, just fill them with hot wax, let it cool and you’ll have your candles ready to decorate at Easter.
Decorative candles for Easter
In addition to the above ideas, you can use other types of candles for decorating Easter. For example, you can make your own candle Greek. To do this, you must use a candle or candle Easter long, and carved a cross with the help of a fine-tipped knife for such tasks.
There are several designs, but the most common design is the cross bearing the Greek letter alpha above and below the letter omega. In rooms that form the cross, you must place each number of the current year. Then, you can simply paint the Red Cross, and, if desired, complete the decoration with a colored ribbon around the candle.