The wood floor is a wooden floor forming a geometric pattern, is often used in large spaces of the House, as the room. However, you must learn how varnishing the wood floor to keep it protected.
Varnishing parquet allows us to prevent that it affected by liquid spills or falling objects. Anyway, in addition to the procedure, there is certain parquet care required for this last.
Step by step for varnishing parquet
- Fabric cloth
- Safety glasses
- Floor Sander
- Vacuum cleaner
- Long-handled roller
- First you have to clear the parquet. Avoid grimes or pieces of materials that obstruct the task later. You can wipe with a solution made of water with a little vinegar.
- Now take a Sander for floors. The sandpaper should be 100 or 120 number and pass it through the floor. Be sure to remove excess dust sanding with a vacuum cleaner. It is best that you put some goggles and a mask.
- To apply the varnish, take a small amount and begins to pass it from the corner of space to the door. You try to use a long-handled roller to complete the first layer evenly. Allow to dry for 3 hours.
- When you are sure that it is dry, it applies the second layer of varnish.
- Be sure to wipe up spills with the cloth and ready, your parquet is now more protected with this varnish. The only condition is that you change it in 4 years and not because you necessarily need it, but to give a more modern look to the place.
Recommendations for the care of the parquet
Try your furniture does not remove varnish or occur stripes on parquet; what you should do is put some pads under furniture bases or legs of chairs for example, to avoid scratches.
When you have a parquet floor it is best vacuum regularly to prevent the accumulation of dirt and dust. Despite the varnish, it is important to clean parquet floor to avoid build-up of particles that may cause scratches on the floor.
We also recommend that you avoid direct sunlight on the parquet. It is best that you close the curtains or blinds on sunny days to avoid discoloration of the floor.